Day 14 Challenge
” Give Care Packages to the Homeless“
Today’s challenge to help those less fortunate and are living on the streets or shelters by putting together and giving out Care Packages.
You can shop at your local Walmart or Dollar Store for most of the items you will need to make your Care Packages.
Here is what we are including in our care packages for the homeless:
- Granola bar
- Fruit snacks
- Crackers with peanut butter or cheese
- Water bottle
- Warm socks – not cheap socks. Nice thick, warm socks.
- Gloves & Hat
- Comb or Brush
- Small First Aid Kit
- Hot Hands – Hand warmers
- Hand wipes
- Lifesavers or sugar-free gum
- Hand lotion
- X-Large Ziplock Bag to put everything inside. This also keeps things dry for them to carry.
- Good book – something uplifting, funny, and inspiring.
- Handwritten note – Wish them a Merry Christmas, let them know that they are loved and worthy! Nothing will touch you when you are in a hard place more than honest sympathy. Not condescension or pity, but a recognition that we all could end up in that same place. Take a moment to consider being in that situation.
- A list of resources available in your area. A simple Google Search “resources for the homeless in (your area)” should help you find a list of available resources. If you live in the Hamilton, Ontario area, click here for a list of resources in this area: http://bit.ly/ListOfResourcesForHamilton
SHARE YOUR EXPERIENCE WITH US BY POSTING VIDEO OR PHOTOS OF YOUR CARE PACKAGES AND DELIVERY OF YOUR CARE PACKAGES. BE SURE TO USE THE HASHTAG
ARE YOU FOLLOWING OUR RANDOM ACTS OF KINDNESS CHALLENGE TO SPREAD JOY EVERYWHERE THIS HOLIDAY SEASON?
If not, then check it out! Go to: http://bit.ly/TeamBushRandomActofKindness