(NC) When buying a home, there was a time when we began with a drive around the neighbourhood with a real estate agent. Today, most home buyers begin their homebuying journey online.
As technology has evolved over the last decade, homebuyers are more knowledgeable about their needs, desires and what they can afford. This is a welcome change since more informed buyers make for a better experience for everyone involved.
Here are some of the ways to put real estate at your fingertips through the online tools available:
• Many homebuyers begin online at www.Realtor.ca where photographs, descriptions, maps, and 3D virtual tours can be found.
• Real estate websites and apps are popular to research neighbourhood information including schools, amenities and even walkability scores.
• Buyers who are not already working with an agent can find one when viewing properties online. They can also research agents within a specific area of interest by going to the national websites of major real estate brands. These sites often provide details of the languages spoken and areas of expertise of particular agents.
• Mortgage rates are available through banking and lender sites. These sites often provide tips on organizing your finances, mortgage calculators and answers to your mortgage-related questions. Pre-approval applications for your mortgage are also available.
• Many real estate sites offer tips on organizing a flawless move and web forms to arrange for a free moving estimate.
With technology evolving as quickly as it has, the notion of holding up a smartphone to a home for sale and instantly garnering many of the details, is not far off. Real estate agents provide an important role in marketing the home, negotiating the best price and pulling together the important details of the final sale. But it is wise to be aware and better prepared when you first meet with a real estate professional.
More information can be found at www.remaxescarpment.com
If looking for homes online isn’t your cup of tea then why not let us do it for you? Our Exclusive Buyer Profile System saves you Time and Money. Simply tell us what you’re looking for and get priority access to ALL homes that match your criteria, including Bank Foreclosures, Company Owned Properties and other Distress Sales. Click here to learn more.