Day 6 Challenge:
“Mail a Surprise Package to Someone”
Everyone loves receiving a something other than bills in the mail. A surprise box filled with neat stuff in the mail, will brighten someone’s day. Coming up with care package ideas may be easier said than done. Creating the right gift—whether it’s a care package for a sick friend, for someone who is physically far away but still near and dear to your heart, college care package, a military care package, can take a little time and effort, but once your loved one or friend opens that box, it will all be worth it.
These care package ideas will show them how much you care about them, it will also make them feel extra special. You can pick and choose what’s most appropriate to send (and within your budget). Just be sure to factor shipping costs (and any duties, for international shipments) into your budgeting—even a very small care package can come with a hefty shipping fee if it’s crossing borders or going overseas.
Once you’ve decided to send them an amazing care package, make sure to tuck a few extra surprises inside the box (fill it with playful confetti or colorful tissue paper for bonus points) then send it on its way. You may not be able to put happiness into a box, but these care package ideas come pretty close.
Here are a few ideas for care packages you can send:
- Care Package Idea #1: Home Fragrance. Remind someone of home and improve the aroma of his or her current living space by sending them a scented candle. For college students or seniors, flameless scents may be a safer choice.
- Care Package Idea #2: Self-Care Items. Everyone deserves a little extra love, though few think to buy self-care products for themselves. Send comforting items such as cozy socks, an elegant robe, a warm throw blanket (or even a weighted blanket), and face masks to remind your loved one to do a little pampering.
- Care Package Idea #3: Photo Prints. Print a few photos, whether they’re old photos of the two of you or new ones of home, pets, or family members, is affordable and compact—great if you’re shipping a care package overseas. You can also have photos added to items like Photo Books, Calendars, Mugs, Pillows, Blankets and more. Check out www.VistaPrint.ca
- Care Package Idea #4: Nothing Beats Food from Home. Make your care package special with a home-made treat. Like Mom’s Cookies, favorite snack from a home-town store, their favourite coffee or tea with a mug.
- Care Package Idea #5: Let’s Play. Make a box filled with games, playing cards, puzzles, Sudoku, adult colouring book with pencil crayons, word search book and a real nice pen. You could include a canvas bag for them to carry their games in.
The ideas are endless!
For your chance to WIN a $100 Gift Card, share what you are sending in your care package on Facebook or Instagram and use the hashtag #TeamBushRandomActsofKindness2019
Learn more about our Random Act of Kindness Challenge for your chance to win $100 Gift Card, Go to: http://bit.ly/TeamBushRandomActofKindness
WE ARE SO CLOSE TO REACHING OUR GOAL TO RAISE $10,000 FOR CITYKIDZ OF HAMILTON. WE HAVE DONATED $8,000 SO FAR THIS YEAR AND WE NEED YOUR HELP TO REACH OUR GOAL!
Who do you know considering buying or selling a home you could refer to our real estate sales team?
Not only will they benefit from our award winning service, but we donate a substantial portion of our referred income on every home sale to this incredible organization.
It’s easy to refer your friends, neighbours, associates or family members considering making a move.
Simply go to: www.HelpTheKidz.com